After more than 4 years as the Club’s first Executive Director and 3 years of prior service on the Board, current ED, Tara Postnikoff will be stepping down to further pursue other professional opportunities, as of April 30th, 2018. Tara will continue to be an active member of the Club as well as valued resource for the Club; as coach and sponsor.
As a result the Club is now seeking candidates for Executive Director. Please submit your resume and cover letters attention David Noseworthy to Info@torontotriathlonclub.org by Friday March 16th, 2018.
Position: Executive Director, Toronto Triathlon Club
Reports to: President and Board of Directors of Toronto Triathlon Club
A key figure in the Toronto Triathlon Club (“TTC or Club”), working in support of the Club’s vision and mission; to be Toronto’s leading multisport community, dedicated to connecting and developing triathletes of all levels.
Summary of Position:
The primary responsibilities of the Executive Director involve the administration, coordination and successful execution of training and triathlon related activities for the Club. The management of these activities entails liaising with sponsors, club coaches and subject matter experts to offer relevant, innovative and cost-effective opportunities for Club members. The Executive Director provides support to the Board of Directors in other operational areas as required.
Part time role, approximately 10 - 12 hours per week, successful candidate will have the ability to manage their hours based upon the Club's needs and their personal schedule. Responsibilities can be fulfilled remotely with the exception of required attendance at events and meetings as described below.
Responsibilities of the Executive Director
Calendar of Events:
- Ongoing development and management of the “Training Calendar of Events” with the Training Director. This includes identifying, organizing and managing an average of 2-to-4 monthly clinics and training seminars. With help from the Club’s Administrative Assistant, following up on the success of these sessions though feedback forms and reporting back to board/Training Director in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with sponsors as needed to organize and host clinics, activities and events with Training Director / Sponsorship Director
- Attend Club activities whenever possible and/or arrange Board Member attendance at club activities.
- Explore new Club opportunities in areas of training, events and other activities related to triathlon in line with the Club’s core values and strategies
Coaches / Support Staff / Group Leaders:
- Organize and manage coaches’ and leaders’ contracts with over-sight from the Training Director.
- Hiring Lifeguards and other support staff with help of Training Director
- Helping organize coaching development seminars/ activities for coaches and group leaders
- Oversight of Admin Assistant and duties
- Schedule, organize training camps (Arizona/Winter, Collingwood, Development camp, Muskoka, etc), including, but not limited to:
- booking of accommodations,
- hiring coaches to run the camps in cooperation with the Training Director
- budgeting with the Treasurer/Training Director,
- oversee the purchasing of awards, swag and supply needs with Marketing Director.
Compliance with Triathlon Ontario
- Complete and submit sanctioning documentation for Club activities to ensure liability and insurance coverage along with Training Director.
Management + Communications:
- Communicate regularly with Board of Directors and attend all Board meetings
- Prepare and review weekly eblast with Admin Assistant or Communications director
- Communicate with coaches and member participants about changes in training programs
- Assist in development of social media objectives, content and calendar, in conjunction with Communications Director. While periodically managing the social media accounts along with the Admin Assistant.
- Communication to the Board of Directors as needed or at least monthly on activities and needs
- Member recognition – finalization of end of year awards along with Board
- Ideate and organize events that are revenue generating to sustain the role as self-funding.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Post Secondary Education completed; degree or diploma
- NCCP Triathlon Trained or equivalent coaching certification or willing to complete expeditiously upon hire
- Priority given to candidates with experience as a triathlon or athletic club executive/manager or high working knowledge of the requirements of managing a triathlon or athletic not for profit club.
- Managing and being accountable to multiple stakeholders
- Self starter, works well independently and with minimal supervision
- Initiative; volunteers readily, undertakes self-development activities, seeks increased responsibilities, pursues opportunities, seeks and offers help when needed.
- Goal oriented, demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles, measures self against high standard of excellence.
- Teamwork: Exhibits objectivity and openness to other’s views, gives and welcomes feedback and puts success of team above own interests.
- Adaptable to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, changes approach or method to best fit the situation and able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
- Leadership skills and experience
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of triathlon (highly recommended)
- Existing network in triathlon (ideal)
- Marketing / event planning experience
- Limited conflicts of interest (recommended not a coach or professional in the Triathlon Industry)
- Excellent communicator
- Experience with execution of strategic plans/initiatives
- Committed to the growth and development of the Club and the sport of triathlon as a whole
- Ability to work outside of standard business hours; evenings, weekends
To be determined